The purpose of the Stewardship Committee is to teach, guide, and encourage congregants about their stewardship responsibilities towards Christ, the church, and their neighbor. To effectively minister and demonstrate to others about stewardship, a ministry member should be willing to grow in these following areas:
- Consistent Sunday worship attendance (Heb. 10:24-25).
- Consistent cheerful financial giving to the church (2 Cor. 9:6-8).
- Actively seeking God through scripture and prayer (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 1 Thess. 5:16-18).
- Biblically supporting the purpose of the Stewardship Ministry (Ps. 119:105).
- Leading by example (1 Cor. 9:14).
Did You Know?
GSLC has a simple way for you to give your offering to the Church, It is called Simply Giving. This program is sponsored and run by Thrivent Financial. You pick a offering amount, pick weekly or monthly and choose the day of the month (1st or 15th), and your offering is automatically debited from your account. This program makes it easy to give your offering to the Church. Simply Giving helps our church fulfill its mission by providing a steady income. If you are interested in this easy way to give your offering to Good Shepherd, please contact Barbara Hare.
Ways you can plug in @ GSLC:
• Stewardship Commitment Calling Team
• Stewardship Ministry Mailing
• Stewardship Ministry Planning Team
• Testimonials on Stewardship