Community Concerns Ministry
Mission Statement: "Provide outreach reflecting the Love of Christ through service to our community."
The purpose of this ministry is to provide on-going opportunities for members of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church to support our local and global communities in a variety of ways.
Current Service Projects:
• Collection of hotel sized toiletries and Adult Clothing for Hope House which is a support center for homeless adults.
• Red Cross Blood Drives
• Donations of Christmas gifts, clothing and Bibles for Angel Tree Ministry that supports children who have parents incarcerated.
• Purchase of ELCA Fair Trade Coffee for Sunday Morning Fellowship.
• Monetary donations for our missionaries to develop schools in the slums of Cairo, Egypt.
Ways you can plug in @ GSLC:
Food! Food! Food! The GSLC food shelf needs your donations! Item for the month of December is Vegetables. Please donate canned food items, baby food and baby items, pasta and rice. The food provided will go to stock the Food Pantry at the Beta Center in Pomona. They are also in great need of hygiene items, including small soaps, small lotions, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, razors, combs, toilet paper, sanitary items for women, etc. Please help if you can.
Backyard Fruit Anyone?? Let’s give the fruit in our backyards to the Beta Food Pantry in Pomona. Pastor kd said he donated about 400 pounds of plums this summer and they were very happy to receive the fresh fruit. Maybe we can do more of this as a congregation.
More Opportunities for you:
• GSLC Auction
• Claremont Manor Sing Along
• Easter Baskets
• Rummage Sale
• Walk for Hunger
2 Corinthians 9:12 "This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people, but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God."